Appointment, retirement and collegial distinctions
OSU Extension welcomes a new staff member
MANSFIELD – Ohio State University Extension is proud to welcome Joe Ringler, OSU Extension Educator, Agriculture and Natural Resources, to the staff of the OSU Extension Office in Richland County. Joe began his career June 7 at Ohio State University. He has a background in soil science, but will take care of various programs such as Master Volunteer Gardeners, Certified Ohio Volunteer Naturalists, Urban Agriculture, and will speak to the public for various agriculture related issues. / natural resources and diagnostic assistance.
OSU Extension will meet and welcome the new educator from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm Tuesday at 1495 W. Longview Ave., Suite 206, Mansfield. Light refreshments will be available. The Richland County community is welcome.
For more information, contact the OSU Extension office at 419-747-8755.
Regional Aging Agency Announces Teresa Cook Retirement
ONTARIO – Teresa Cook, Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging, Inc. Vice President of Development, is retiring after a 21-year career with the organization.
Cook joined the agency on January 18, 2000 as a service coordinator. In 2010, she became responsible for community programs and in 2014 was promoted to head of marketing and development.
Cook leaves a legacy of programs, partnerships and projects that she has helped to implement. Most recently, she led the development of Ritter’s Run Senior Apartments, which is underway and will be completed next year.
The Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging, Inc., in Hawkins Corner, Ontario, serves the North Central Ohio region, including Ashland, Crawford, Huron, Knox, Marion, Morrow, Richland counties , Seneca and Wyandot, providing assistance to the elderly and disabled.
College honors and recognitions
MANSFIELD – The following local college students have recently been recognized for their academic achievement by their respective colleges and universities:
• Ohio University: Gabby Brogan, Mansfield, Bachelor of Science in Nursing; Morgan Brumenschenkel, Shelby, doctor of physiotherapy; Morgen Conn, Lexington, Bachelor of Arts; Marrin Eighinger, Mansfield, Bachelor of Science in Humanities and Consumer Sciences; Rebecca Gordon, Mansfield, Bachelor of Science in Nursing; Lexi Hadamuscin, Galion, Bachelor of Science in Child and Family Studies; Grant Hadley, Bellville, Bachelor of Business Administration; David Hatley II, Butler, BA in Specialized Studies; Brianne Heydinger, Shelby, Master of Science in Athletic Coaching; Pearson Huggins, Galion, doctor of osteopathic medicine; Rosy Johnson, Mansfield, Bachelor of Specialized Studies; Blake Kinsel, Mansfield, doctor of osteopathic medicine; Abby Miller, Ontario, Bachelor of Science in Nursing; Georgie Naumoff, Mansfield, Bachelor of Science in Health; Kelly Rhodes, Lexington, doctor of physiotherapy; Lauren Rudolph, Galion, Bachelor of Social Work; Chris Schafer, Ontario, Bachelor of Health Sciences; Michael Shupe, Bellville, BA in Specialized Studies; Jeremy Swank, Mansfield, Bachelor of Science in Applied Management; and Hannah Wilson, Bellville, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Dean’s List: Emma Ardis, Shiloh; Joseph Balliett, Shelby; Eric Boll, Mansfield; Samuel Brandes, Bellville; Marrin Eighinger, Mansfield; Clara Giefer Sr., Mansfield; Kristen Grassick, Mansfield; Logan Grube, Ontario; Lexi Hadamuscin, Galion; Grant Hadley, Bellville; Doni Hoeflich, Bellville; Morgan Kerr, Mansfield; Megan Metcalf, Mansfield; Abby Miller, Ontario; Owen Murray, Mansfield; Georgie Naumoff, Mansfield; Tony Olivieri, Mansfield; Paige Reagan, Galion; Lauren Rudolph, Galion; Chris Schafer, Ontario; Kate Schieber, Galion; Claire Songer, Crestline; Jared Strickler, Mansfield; Jeremy Swank, Mansfield; Carolyn Wasylenki, Mansfield; Keeley Weese, Mansfield; Kali Weikle, butler; and Elizabeth Wolf, Galion
• Baldwin Wallace University: Megan McVicker, Mansfield, Bachelor of Music Education (magna cum laude)
• Ohio Wesleyan: Dean’s List – Brynlee Atterholt, Mansfield; Brianna Carmack, Ontario; Anna Court, Galion; Rachel Madore, Galion; Erica Perkins, Mansfield; Anna Schill, Mansfield; Clay Sturts, Mansfield; and Claire Yetzer, Shelby
• University of Findlay: Dean’s List – Teagan Allen, Mansfield; Gavin Bailey, butler; Jared Dixon, Galion; Walker Elliott, Plymouth; Robin Eyerly, Ontario; Susan Grube, Shiloh; Dylan Hunter, Mansfield; Scott Jennings, Shiloh; Aidan McGunigal, Lexington; Carson Mullins, Mansfield; Alyssa Pearce, Galion; Keegan Sharp, Mansfield; Cameron Stine, Shelby; and Aurel Toska, Mansfield
• Sainte-Marie College: Dean’s List – Madison Kaple, Shelby
• Coastal Carolina: Dean’s List – Makenna Williams, Mansfield
• Rochester Institute of Technology: Kent Reese, Mansfield named Outstanding Undergraduate Fellow for 2020-21